AND THEN YOU PANIC!
But stop. These are two of the most special, most memorable, most fun months of the year. Think of all the awesome things you get to do in the next 60 days. I am looking forward to:
- cheering for football teams
- seeing family
- seeing friends from college
- baking pies
- having a Thanksgiving feast for 5 year-olds
- eating potatoes any way you can serve them
- waking up REALLY early to shop
- celebrating an upcoming wedding
- cheering for basketball teams
- "sing"ing in a school variety show
- baking Christmas cookies
- taking Meredith to see Santa
- eating latkes and jelly donuts--and anything else fried you can think of!
- making gingerbread cookies
- seeing more family
- and much more!
When things get busy, and I know they will, I hope I can take a step back and reflect on how special and memorable this season really is. Time may seem short, but it's really just being filled to the brim with fun.
So, tonight, I am thankful for time. I am thankful for the quiet moments, like this, that I get to myself, and I am thankful for the busy moments, bursting with energy, creating memories that I can enjoy now and for years to come.